Google has become an essential platform for consumers to discover local products and services. To help businesses enhance their online visibility and drive conversions, Google offers a valuable tool called Google Business Profile. While many businesses utilise this service, there’s a hidden gem within it that often goes unnoticed: Google Posts. We’ll explore the potential of Google Posts, how they can boost your local SEO efforts and provide tips for maximising their effectiveness.
What are Google Posts?
- Google Posts are short, engaging updates (100-300 words) that can include photos, videos, links, and call-to-action buttons.
- These posts enable businesses to share product/service updates, announcements, job offerings, offers, and event details.
- When users search for your brand on desktop or visit your Google Business Profile listing on mobile, they can access your latest content.
Three reasons to utilise Google Posts:
- Improve SEO with Backlinks:
- Google Posts can serve as another source of backlinks, increasing your website’s reach and enhancing search engine optimisation.
- When you share updates via Google Posts, you attract more visitors to your site and boost its credibility.
- Increase Website Traffic:
- Incorporate call-to-action buttons in your Google Posts to encourage users to take action, resulting in a higher click-through rate.
- By including links in your posts, you can direct users to different sections of your website, such as your blog or social media platforms.
- Interactions with your Google listing, including clicks on links or call-to-action buttons, signal user engagement and positively impact local search rankings.
- Reach More Customers:
- During times of restrictions or crises, such as the Covid-19 pandemic, Google Posts become invaluable for local businesses.
- Use Google Posts to create offers, share updates, and sell products/services directly within your knowledge panel on Google Maps and search results.
- Consistently updating your Google Posts encourages repeat visits to your website.
Considerations before creating a Google Post:
- Create high-quality content, avoiding misspellings, offensive language, explicit content or distracting elements.
- For regulated industries, adhere to the specific guidelines governing content related to adult services, alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals and other restricted areas.
- Link to trustworthy websites, avoiding malicious or inappropriate links.
- Ensure compliance with Google’s post content policy and guidelines to maintain a positive user experience.
Google Posts present an untapped opportunity for businesses to improve their online presence, engage with customers, and drive conversions.