Dealing with a suspended Google business profile can be a headache for business owners. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to remove the block and restore your business’s visibility on Google Maps. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of resolving a suspended business profile by following Google’s guidelines and submitting an effective appeal.
Adjusting your business profile to Google’s guidelines:
- Name of Your Business Profile: Ensure that your business name matches the name under which your customers know you. Remove keywords, phone numbers, prices, emoji, and unnecessary special characters from the name. Avoid using capital letters for whole words unless it’s an abbreviation.
- Business Category: Choose the main category that corresponds to your business activities. Consider checking the categories chosen by your competitors for guidance.
- Description: Craft an informative and valuable description for your business profile. Avoid including special offers.
- Phone Number: Ensure that your business number matches the one listed on your website. If you use multiple phone numbers, add the number from your business profile somewhere on your website.
- Website: Make sure your website contains accurate NAP details (Name, Address, Phone Number) that match the information on your Google business profile.
- Google Business Profile Listing Address: Verify that your Google business profile address matches the physical location of your business.
Completing your suspended business profile:
- Add Posts and Photos: If your business profile lacks credibility, consider uploading posts and photos to showcase your business’s life. This additional data can help expedite the removal of the block. You can automatically posts and add photo through the Baboost platform.
- Remove Unnecessary Users: Remove any unnecessary accounts associated with your business profile to avoid complications during the block removal process.
- Eliminate Duplicates: If you have multiple listings for the same business, remove the redundant profiles using the Google panel’s multiple locations management option.
Submitting a blocking appeal:
- Write an Effective Appeal: If your business profile adheres to Google’s guidelines, it’s time to submit an appeal. Visit this link to access the appropriate business reinstatement form: [Google troubleshooter].
- Waiting Time for Unblock: Google typically takes around two weeks to review the appeal, but often the block is removed quickly if your profile is in compliance and all necessary information is provided.
Reducing the waiting time:
- Provide Additional Evidence: In some cases, Google may request additional information to authenticate your business profile. To minimise the waiting time, be proactive and provide the requested documents and media in advance. These may include lease agreements, utility bills, photos of your storefront and interior, business license, or a video showcasing your business.
By following these steps and providing the necessary information, you can increase your chances of having your suspended Google business profile unblocked efficiently. Remember, maintaining compliance with Google’s guidelines is essential for a successful appeal.